Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Carrot and lime ribbon salad


Happy New Year!! I am a bit late on the well wishing after having a crazy busy Christmas and New Year with work and then I was swished off to Kenya for 2 weeks for my Mums 60th which was the best!! We rode horses on safari in the Masai Mara, swam with dolphins, got up for early morning yoga, wake boarded, attempted to learn to kite surf and we ate insanely good food while soaking up the sun!

I am now having serious holiday blues but loving going through all the photos which there are a LOT of! I treated myself to a camera this Christmas so I can finally attempt to tackle food photography instead of  bribing my nextdoor neighbour and boyfriend with food to do it for me. So my New Years resolution this year is to learn to take pretty pictures and post a recipe every week. I am obviously off to a bad start since it's the 22nd, so I'm thinking I will go crazy and post a couple this week and the next to catch up…get excited!

These photos are from a super exciting shoot I did at my family home in Dorset with my clever photography friend Aneta Mak. We got together before Christmas when I was home and I cooked away while she got happy snappy. There are so many beautiful photos and recipes on the way to share from it and I am very excited to give you the first one.


This is a very simple salad, it's healthy, crunchy, deliciously fresh and if you believe your parents it WILL make you see in the dark. If you can get hold of different coloured carrots it will turn your salad into a fun rainbow on a plate, and all your friends will ooh and aah and think that you are totally jazzy and cool!

serves 4

5 carrots, different colours if you can get them
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
juice of 1 small lime
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
maldon sea salt and pepper

Give your carotts a wash and then using and peeler, peel away the first layer of skin and then peel the rest into ribbons. Put you ribbons in a bowl and toss together with the other ingredients and seasoning. Pile high and serve as soon as possible. The quicker you serve it the crunchier it will be!

Photo credit Aneta Mak

No comments:

Post a Comment